Based in Las Vegas, Brett helps high-level executives find satisfaction in every facet of their lives. We hope you enjoy this interview!
Coaching Focus: Brett helps High Performing Executives and Entrepreneurs Advance to the Next Level of Success!
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Tell us about your journey as a coach.
I’ve always had a passion for psychology and human behavior. As a young adult, I spent many years consulting and developing sales teams. I had a good deal of success but realized many times my clients would have a dip in performance when I wasn’t there. So, I started searching for ways to duplicate myself. That led me to the field of NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). My life was changed forever.
Now I coach high-level executives, and I educate them on how to build a life that inspires and fulfills them. I teach them how to discover their passions and use them to guide their goals and decisions. My process is a whole-life approach that ensures each area of life is a success that consistently gains momentum toward their ideal.
We want to destigmatize talking about money, including how much coaches make. Would you please share with our readers any relevant revenue figures from your business?
Over the last 22 years, I’ve grown a lot as a life and a business. I’ve been blessed to work with countless brilliant entrepreneurs, and I’ve also helped many individuals on their journey to becoming a coach.
One thing I really enjoy is helping my clients and other coaches to understand their value. When I started coaching, I was charging $100 for a 1-hour session. That was fine, but it wasn’t advancing my career the way I wanted, and I realized that it also represented the clients and problems I would be working on.
Therefore, I have consistently made it a point to calibrate my passion for my work and evaluate the success I’m getting with my specific ideal clients. I have challenged myself to become more valuable and impactful and in turn, have evolved my ideal client and income greatly.
Currently, my clients pay me a minimum monthly retainer of $2000. In return, we conduct one weekly coaching session, and they have my coaching support for a month. Many of my clients pay me between $3 and $5K per month based on the scope of the problem. This strategy has helped me to always stay sharp and to keep growing, and it’s allowed me to build my business and attract clients that inspire me and get me excited to do the work!
I typically work with 10-15 executives at a time and most stay with me for 2-3 years at a time.
What courses, programs, or certifications have you done? Would you recommend them, and for whom?
In my opinion, your training and the tools you use to coach are the vital elements that determine the level of growth and success you can create with a client.
I did a lot of research, and over the years I have continued to study any methodologies that were most powerful and recommended. These are the methods I use and love…
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) – I can’t say enough about the strategies and tools you learn from NLP. I also had the benefit of learning from Tad James (my mentor) who was the top NLP trainer in the world for decades before his passing in 2020. This methodology gives you clear steps and procedures that produce consistently outstanding results, and it’s measurable.
- Time Line Therapy – Wow, what a powerful technique. This was created by my mentor Tad James. It’s an amazing process used to help clients move through events, both in the past and future. The client is able to objectively approach an issue and reprogram the feelings and behaviors associated with it. It works incredibly for trauma and emotional intelligence.
- Hypnosis – When used correctly, hypnotherapy is the hidden gem that allows you to clarify and identify problems that are being blocked by the client, giving them access to more resources and a clear channel to repressed memories and behaviors.
- The Ideal You – This is my trademarked coaching technique. I developed this in 2010 and have been using it ever since. It’s a process that helps the client to quantum leap over their limitations while allowing them to experience what it would be like to live their ideal goals or life. Then we use the experience as a guide to make changes and establish the learning needed to produce better results.
What books have significantly influenced your life? What are your key takeaways from these books?
I absolutely love reading! I’m an Audible junkie lol. I read or listen to a book or two each week. Here are my favorite books and also the ones that have made the biggest impact on my life and career.
- The Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer – I have every client read this book within the first 30 days of working together. It’s a perfect companion to my work, and the reader experiences a calming effect that’s like conducting their own therapy. Definitely check this one out.
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell – Gladwell is my favorite author. This book is excellent and helps you understand how to trust your thinking and how to use your intuition to guide you.
- The Art of Impossible: A Peak Performance Primer by Steven Kotler – Another powerful book on mindset. What I like best about this book is the fact that it confirms and helps you understand how to tap into peak performance. I have continued to evolve my coaching business over the years to highly follow the principles of peak performance because they are clear and when you utilize them, not only are your results outstanding, but you experience optimal health.
- My Philosophy on Successful Living by Jim Rohn – This was the book that started it all. Simple. Practical. Powerful. I love Jim’s style of reminding us how to live successfully.
What are some of your favorite affirmations and mantras currently? Why?
I’m a big believer in using mantras and affirmations to guide you daily. As a society, we all deal with so much stress, and it’s easy to fall into emotional thinking. When you use mantras and affirmations, you reprogram your mind and focus to be, do, and have the goals and actions that are most important to you. Here are my favorites—feel free to add them to your daily routine:
- I, Brett, am the voice of empowerment. God, please put the words in my mouth today that people need to hear.
- When I speak, I speak with power, passion, purpose, precision, and positivity.
- My life story is one of great power, passion, purpose, and prosperity.
- I always know what to say and when to say it, and I always know what to do and when to do it, and all the information I have learned and all the information I continue to learn, I retain completely and am able to utilize it anytime!
- I leave every situation better than I found it.
- Regardless of how I feel, I always act grateful.
- Regardless of how I feel, I always produce extraordinary results.
- I’m always doing the best I can, and that’s the best I can do.
- I always produce extraordinary results in my life and the lives of my family, friends, and clients.
- I have all the time I need to reach all my goals.
When you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or have lost your focus or motivation, what do you do?
Whenever I feel off track—depressed, anxious, or in need of inspiration or motivation—I use Transcendental Meditation. It’s such a beautiful and powerful technique.
I meditate each day, first thing in the morning after I wake, and I always meditate in the evening when I finish work so I can let go of business thinking and enjoy my personal life.
I also suggest using meditation when you feel frustrated or need to get your head straight. It’s a smart practice to step aside for a few minutes and meditate. Then ask yourself, “How is this helping me?” and “What do I need to learn from this experience?” These two questions will help you stay objective and develop a plan of action to feel and do better in the future.
If you could put a message on a huge billboard—getting a message out to millions—what would it say and why?
I would simply write my motto—”Remember, extraordinary is only a thought away!”—because it helps people to realize they can change their world when they change their minds. Incredible changes can happen in an instant when you believe and take the right action!
This article was written by the Life Coach Magazine staff. We cover everything from personal development, to coaching tips, to how to grow your coaching business. Follow us on Instagram or sign up for our emails!