Amber Murat is the founder of the coaching practice iLvLUP Daily based in New York and New Jersey. We hope you enjoy this interview!
Coaching Focus: iLvLUP Daily is the one-of-a-kind Mindset & Liberation Method that empowers high-achieving female leaders to liberate themselves from the achievement cage, imposter syndrome, and outdated masculine leadership traits. Together we create an unshakeable foundation that allows them to LIVE THEIR TRUTH + BREAK FREE + CREATE A SOUL ALIGNED LIFE.
Location: New York & New Jersey
Tell us about your journey as a coach.
I’m a recovered accomplishment stacker and former corporate ladder climber. I spent 15 years stacking degrees, certifications, designer bags, promotions, and salary increases to prove that I was worthy and that I belonged.
For years, I looked to the outside world to validate my worth. On paper, my life looked like a dream, but inside I felt depleted, trapped, and completely disconnected from my purpose.
And this is what led me to create iLvLUP Daily. My mission, purpose, and passion is to guide clients through a journey of LIBERATION & AWAKENING. My method is designed to help women liberate themselves from everything they are, so that they AWAKEN to everything they are.
I consider myself to be a “life alchemist.” As a proud wife and mother of three bad-ass girls, it’s essential for me to show my daughters that they are limitless when it comes to their own capabilities and aspirations. Besides coaching and serving my clients, I also facilitate workshops and serve as the VP of People at IAB.
What courses, programs, or certifications have you done? Would you recommend them, and for whom?
I hold a master’s degree in adult education & HR development from Fordham University, and I’m a certified wellness coach (Integrative Nutrition), a certified professional, and a master energy coach (IPEC).
Of the many programs and courses I’ve completed, here are the ones that I would recommend:
- IIN – Integrative School of Nutrition is for anyone who wants to incorporate health or wellness coaching into their practice. This certification training expanded my competency level as a coach by exposing me to a holistic and global view on nutrition, movement, and well-being. Just like people, no two clients are ever the same, and this program taught me how to create individualized holistic plans for my clients.
- IPEC – For anyone who is interested in mastering coaching competencies in a safe and empowering environment, this program offers three coaching certifications in one program. Here you will learn from the best coaches and learn how to utilize your unique gifts to raise the consciousness of the world one client at a time.
- Manifestation Babe Academy – This is for anyone who is interested in learning about energetics, laws of the universe, and how to become the creator of their reality. One of my favorites, this program offers an abundance of tools, content, and support. As a coach, this propelled my business to new heights.
- The Kaboom program by Preston Smiles – Preston Smiles is a rare gem and a master coach who stretches you to be seen and market your services. This is for new coaches who really want to understand the power of social media marketing and start their business. I took this right after IPEC, and the Kaboom team are the ones who got me started in social media.
What advice or perspective might you give to a new coach trying to get her first clients? Any advice they should ignore?
Don’t overcomplicate it. Share with everyone that you know that you are a coach and who you help. Stay away from following cookie-cutter programs that promise a certain monetary outcome. Your clients will be attracted to you and your energy. Therefore, let yourself be seen, establish a presence, and speak to the problem you solve.
What books have significantly influenced your life?
All of OSHO’S books are also at the top of my list. I’m an avid reader, and I think all coaches need to be. We create our reality, and our mind is the most powerful creation tool we have.
If you received an extra $10,000 to spend on your business, how would you spend it and why?
I would give away 3-1-1 coaching packages because my goal is to make coaching accessible. I would also use a portion of the money to advertise.
What are some of your favorite affirmations currently, and why?
Affirmations are how I rewire my subconscious, and I use them daily. My favorite ones right now are:
- I’m fully booked and on-demand.
- I’m safe to be my fullest self.
- I’m one with the energy web and play in it daily.
- I create my reality.
- I’m worthy.
- I’m whole.
- I’m free.
- I deserve to have whatever I want.
- Everything I post gets seen.
- Paying me is a pleasure.
- My work matters in the world, and I love the women I serve.
When you feel overwhelmed, stressed, or have lost your focus or motivation, what do you do?
I start my morning prioritizing spiritual connections. My morning practice is what grounds me and keeps my intentions front and center. I meditate or do breathwork for 20-30 minutes right in bed, then I get up and play uplifting music as I’m getting ready and drinking my coffee. I move my body and journal.
At night, my practice is rooted in winding down. I clean my face, read for 20-30 minutes, and end with a hypnosis meditation.
During the day, I schedule breaks that allow me to go outside for a walk or simply sit outside.
Do you have any embarrassing (at the time) stories from your work as a coach? Or a time when putting yourself out there really paid off?
At first, I was really shy about putting myself out there on social media. I still look at some of my earlier videos and cringe.
I made many mistakes, but they were all worth it. Not only has it brought me clients but it also brought me the role that I’m currently in. Take the risk.
If you could put a message on a huge billboard—getting a message out to millions—what would it say and why?
DO NOT need to heal because you are BROKEN.
You need to
heal to UNLEARN
that keep you BELIEVING that YOU ARE BROKEN.”
There has been a shift in the coaching industry that markets to people being broken and needing to heal, and there is a specific coach that can help them do that.
If someone becomes dependent on any healing methodology, be it a coach or a pill, they are not unlearning the lies they have been told about who they are. These lies, this programming, is what keeps them believing that they are broken.
Is there anything else you’d like to add?
If you can’t change your mind, you can’t change your life. Your mindset is everything.