If you’re looking for coaching software that can simplify and automate running your coaching practice, there’s no doubt that Bonsai can rise to the task. With features like scheduling, contract signing, payments, client CRM, and financial management, Bonsai is one of the most robust coaching software on the market. But what if you’re looking for something different? Or, perhaps you just want a second option before committing to Bonsai?
We’ve rounded up the best Bonsai alternatives so you can evaluate the available choices. You can also check out our in-depth Bonsai review for a complete guide on this software.
Table of Contents
Bonsai vs Paperbell
If you don’t need financial management tools, Paperbell can be an excellent alternative. Its sleek and elegant design will ensure that you make a professional impression on clients, while its comprehensive list of features, including CRM, scheduling, program builder, contracts, and payments, will take care of all your business needs. We won’t go too in-depth about features, as you can read all about it in our Paperbell review.
- Group Coaching – With group coaching functionality, you can create and manage group coaching programs and schedule group sessions.
- Digital Product – Paperbell’s distinctive feature is the nifty ability for selling digital products as package add-ons or standalone products, including journals, workbooks, audiobooks, e-books, and so on.
- Custom Landing Pages and Shop Page – Create branded landing pages and shop pages to ensure a cohesive experience for clients.
Paperbell Pricing: Starts at $47.50 per month
Bonsai vs Honeybook
Honeybook is a simple yet powerful tool that everyone can master with ease. It allows you to automate your workflow, schedule appointments, streamline contracts and payments, and create documents with customizable templates. Some relevant coaching features that Honeybook lacks are the course creator, group coaching functionality, and automated invoicing. If you want to know more about Honeybook, be sure to read our review.
- Customizable Templates – Crafting documents, welcome packets, brochures, and other materials can take a lot of time, so Honeybook optimizes that process with ready-made templates for various documents (plus their design is stunning!).
- Automated Workflow – Honeybook streamlines engagement and interaction with clients with automatic follow-ups and behavior- or date-based triggers.
- Designed for Individual Projects – You won’t be able to offer the same package to different clients, so you’ll need to create a new project and invoice every time.
Bonsai vs Coaches Console
If you’re on the lookout for coaching software that’s easy to use but still packs a punch, you might find your match in Coaches Console. This platform doesn’t offer financial management solutions like Bonsai, but it compensates with something that Bonsai doesn’t offer—email marketing and a website builder. Coaches Console provides loads of useful tools, which you can read more about in our review.
- Website Builder – Since Bonsai doesn’t offer a website builder, Coaches Console might be a preferred tool for coaches who are yet to set up a site, as this software will handle that as well.
- Email Marketing – With Coaches Console, you can create and automate email campaigns, segment email lists, and track email performance metrics.
- Multiple Levels of Security – If data safety is one of your top requests, Coaches Console will keep your data protected with several security methods, including HTTPS-protected pages, username and password protection, and 256-bit encryption technology.
- No Group Sessions – A coaching feature that the Coaches Console overlooked is the group session functionality.
Coaches Console Pricing: Starts at $147 per month
Bonsai vs CoachVantage
Considering that CoachVantage is purpose-built for coaches, it provides a comprehensive set of tools, including scheduling, CRM, package creation, forms, contracts, invoicing, and more. Group coaching functionality will be added soon. While Bonsai is a more general business management platform that includes some coaching features, CoachVantage is specifically designed for coaches. You can find all the details about CoachVantage in our in-depth review.
- Resource Library – The resource library will give your clients access to all your coaching materials and allow you to store and organize all your documents in one place.
- Coaching Log – You can keep track of your coaching sessions, record session notes, track progress, automatically log hours, and differentiate between pro-bono and paid hours. If you want to submit your hours for coaching certification, the coaching log is one click away.
- Automated Client Enrollment – With CoachVantage’s automated client enrollment process, clients can easily sign up for coaching programs through a branded sign-up page and access the client portal, while CoachVantage generates a record of their enrollment in your account.
CoachVantage Pricing: Starts at $26 per month. Use the discount code CV10 for 10% off for life!
Bonsai vs Practice
Practice can be an ideal solution for coaches who want user-friendly software with coach-centric features. This platform delivers all the essentials, from workflow automation and scheduling, to client management and a dedicated client portal, to contracts and payments. With Practice, you’ll also be able to consolidate client communication with a built-in chat (a feature that Bonsai doesn’t offer). We won’t delve into specifics here, as you can find the details in our Practice review.
- Consolidated Client Communication – Built-in chat can minimize the number of apps you’re using for client communication and engagement, rolling them all into this single platform.
- Automated Workflow – Practice has a powerful automation system that you can set up in no time to automate all the repetitive tasks that are wasting your time.
- Various Payment Options – With custom plans, auto-debit subscriptions, recurring invoices, and credit card payments, you can attract more clients to your services and expand your reach.
Practice Pricing: Starts at $28 per month. Use promo code LCM to get 50% off for 2 months or the code LCM1 for an additional $5 off the annual plan (which is already discounted by over 20% compared to the monthly plan).
Bonsai vs CoachAccountable
Whether you’re running a business of one or a team of coaches, CoachAccountable can help you manage your practice. This mobile-friendly coaching software will equip you with a wide range of tools, including scheduling, client management, team management, course creation, reporting, payments, and much more. You can find a complete guide on CoachAccountable in our review.
- Team Edition – If you’re collaborating with a team of coaches, you can get great use out of CoachAccountable’s Team Edition software with tools for task assignments, progress tracking, and team communication.
- Group Coaching – With CoachAccountable, you won’t need Facebook groups to create a community, since you can organize clients in groups, allow group communication, and improve accountability.
- Pricing Based on the Number of Clients – The pricing plan is dependent on the number of clients, so you’ll need to be prepared to increase your software budget as your list of clients expands.
CoachAccountable Pricing: Starts at $20 per month for up to 2 clients
Bonsai vs Simplero
Simplero is an all-in-one software like Bonsai, but what differentiates Simplero is its sales-focused tools. In this software, you’ll encounter features for enticing sales, email marketing, and affiliate management, all with the purpose to help you increase revenue. We have discussed the ins and outs of Simplero in our review, so that’s where you can get the complete feature overview.
- Sales Enticing Features – Be sure that you’re doing your best to increase sales with Simplero’s Upsell, Downsell, and Order Bump features that you can customize to match your goals.
- Affiliate Management – Bring affiliate management to the same platform that streamlines your business management with Simplero’s affiliate management tool.
- Done-for-you Campaigns – Creating emails for newsletters, surveys, or service promos will be a breeze since you’ll have ready-made templates that only require a few tweaks for personalization.
Simplero Pricing: Starts at $59 per month
Bonsai vs Life Coach Hub
When it comes to general business management, Bonsai and Life Coach Hub pack similar features like a scheduler, CRM, program builder, and online payment tools. However, Life Coach Hub can also set you up with an optimized website and marketing tools, which you won’t find in Bonsai. Our comprehensive Life Coach Hub review has all the information about this software.
- Interactive Coaching Toolkit – Life Coach Hub will provide you with templates for coaching materials such as journals, coaching plans, coaching assessments, welcome packages, and more.
- Group Coaching – Life Coach Hub supports group coaching, so you can offer this choice to your clients and simplify the scheduling process.
- Marketing and Website Packages Cost Extra – To get access to website and marketing functionalities you will need to pay additional monthly fees.
Life Coach Hub Pricing: Free basic plan; Paid plans start at $17 per month
Bonsai vs UpCoach
UpCoach is a coaching platform that provides management, content delivery, and engagement tools but lacks online payment solutions. If you need an intuitive and simple software for program delivery, client management, and accountability, this might be it, but if you want to handle contracts and payments all in one, you’ll need to look elsewhere. For a detailed UpCoach analysis, be sure to read our review.
- Program Builder – UpCoach’s program builder is super easy to use and you can create all sorts of programs—1-on-1 programs, group programs, or Mastermind programs.
- Accountability Tools – UpCoach can be your accountability assistant and equip you with a habit tracker, to-dos, and smart documents, as well as accountability groups for keeping clients engaged.
- No Contracts, Invoicing, and Payments – You will need to find a different solution for contracts, proposals, invoicing, and payments if you sign up with UpCoach.
Upcoach Pricing: Starts at $29 per user per month
Bonsai vs Delenta
If you want to streamline your workflow and stay on top of your game without getting bogged down in complicated software, Delenta can be your top selection. Despite its wide scope of features that are consistently expanding, it is simple to use and navigate for both coaches and clients. Want to know more about Delenta? Head to our comprehensive review for the deets.
- Client Management – The client management tool provides an efficient session management solution so you can track and manage clients’ progress, appointments, and communication in one centralized location.
- Group Coaching – You can host group sessions, webinars, and virtual events on Delenta.
- Multi-Coach Platform – If you want to collaborate with fellow coaches or work with assistants, Delenta allows you to give additional parties access to the platform.
- Mobile App – Your clients will be able to enjoy your coaching program at any moment with Delenta’s intuitive app for clients.
Delenta Pricing: Starts at $19 per user per month. For a limited time, Delenta is offering 50% off your first purchase of their product, whether it be a monthly or yearly plan. Just use the code LCM50 to get the discount.
Bonsai vs Profi
Profi can be a good match for solopreneurs as well as a bigger coaching business. Even though Bonsai offers software suited for creative and digital agencies, Profi’s solution is oriented specifically toward coaching teams and enterprises. Among its numerous features, Profi stands out with its co-hosting feature and integrated video conference and chat, which aren’t available in Bonsai. You can dive deeper into Profi’s pros and cons by referring to our review.
- Built-in Video and Chat – Video sessions and communication will be simplified with Profi since you won’t need to combine several apps but can rely solely on this one platform.
- Co-Hosting Feature – You can invite fellow coaches to collaborate on joint projects or co-host sessions.
- Progress Tracking – One of many reasons why Profi works well for teams is the intuitive progress tracking that lets you keep tabs on clients from the moment they show interest until they become paying customers.
Profi Pricing: Starts at $99 per month
Bonsai vs Dubsado
Dubsado is a project management tool that’s less comprehensive than Bonsai, but it still comes with many nifty features like scheduling, automation, a client portal, online payments, and templates. However, you should keep in mind that some users report that they needed hours or had to hire help to set up this software.
- Client Portal – Dubsado serves as a centralized client portal where clients can conveniently access and manage essential documents such as forms, contracts, and payments.
- No Calendar Integration – Even though scheduled sessions will automatically sync with your calendar, your client will need to manually add the session details to their calendar.
- Proposal-Based Sales Process – You will need to provide a tailored proposal, contract, invoice, and payment request step by step instead of having this process automated.
Dubsado Pricing: Starts at $20 per month
Bonsai vs 17Hats
17Hats doesn’t have coach-centric features like group sessions and course creation and delivery, but it might suit coaches whose focus is on finding comprehensive and easy-to-use project management and automation software. The wide range of features includes scheduling, CRM, time management tools, email templates, contracts, invoicing, payments, reporting, and lead management.
- Time Management – 17Hats will keep you organized with schedules, appointment reminders, deadlines, to-do lists, and notes.
- Lead Management – The lead management feature serves to streamline tracking and following up with potential clients.
- Limited Features – Since 17Hats isn’t designed for coaches but for freelancers in general, it lacks course creation, group sessions, content delivery, progress tracking, and marketing tools.
17Hats Pricing: Starts at $13 per month
Bonsai vs Nudge Coach
Nudge Coach is a platform for scaling online coaching programs, distinguished by a user-friendly app, sequencing and automation of content delivery, habit tracker, and built-in chat. This software doesn’t include payment functionalities, so if that’s a must for you, Bonsai might be a better pick.
- Customized Coaching App – Provide your clients with easy access to coaching modules and scheduling with a customized app.
- Progress Tracking – Nudge Coach enables you to monitor clients’ progress, view activity history, and gain valuable insights to enhance the coaching experience.
- Limited Features – Nudge Coach lacks some features that some coaches might find essential, such as program builder, contract signing, invoicing, and payments.
Nudge Coach Pricing: Free basic plan; Paid plans start at $60 per month (or $300 per year)
Bonsai vs Satori
Satori is a comprehensive coaching software that offers an extensive range of features, such as user-friendly client enrollment, group sessions, customizable branding options, automated follow-up messaging, and pre-designed signature coaching packages. This can be an excellent all-in-one solution for coaches who want coaching-specific software.
- Group Coaching – Unlike Bonsai, Satori offers a variety of group coaching options including group classes, workshops, and group sessions.
- Different Payment Options – Satori supports subscriptions, discounts, payment plans, and custom billing cycles so you can diversify payment plans for your clients.
- Custom branding – Distinguish yourself from the competitors and create a unique identity for your brand by customizing the appearance of your booking pages and client login with your own signature colors and logo.
Satori Pricing: Free basic plan; Paid plans start at $8 per month
Summary & Recommendations
Incorporating coaching software into your practice can significantly benefit your practice and maximize your potential. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to switch from your current coaching software, we hope that these Bonsai alternatives will help you navigate the landscape of available options and find the best software for you. From user-friendly interfaces to robust feature sets, each of our recommended alternatives has something unique to offer, so you’ll be on the path to finding the right one for your needs.
Take the Coach Certification Quiz
Need help choosing a coach training and certification program? We created this short quiz to help you find the best program for you.Take the quiz
Thanks for letting us know!
How could we improve this post?